Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Popping sensation in head followed by pounding headache

Okay, so this is kind of an embarrassing story, but here goes:

Three days ago I was having sex with my boyfriend (I was on top) and right before I was going to orgasm I felt a popping sensation in my head, followed by a terrible throbbing headache right near the top of my head. I laid down for a minute and then had to go outside to get some air because I felt like I was hyperventilating - I just couldn't get enough air. My boyfriend brought me an advil and some water and after a few minutes I was able to catch my breath. My head kept throbbing for a while afterward and my neck felt pretty stiff/sore too. But it was late and I eventually fell asleep. The next morning my headache was not as bad, although my neck was still sore. As the day went by, the pain pretty much went away. I haven't had a headache since and my neck doesn't hurt anymore but everything I read about this popping sensation followed by a throbbing headache seemed to indicate a burst aneurysm. All the stories I've seen about burst aneurysms though involve a headache that doesn't go away. Mine went away after a day. Could this still be a burst aneurysm or could it have just been a bad headache (thunderclap headache or something)? I don't have health insurance or a regular physician so I really don't want to see a doctor unless it's necessary...

I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible to have a burst aneurysm but have the headache go away after it bursts?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice! I've been worried about this every day since it happened, so I'd really like some peace of mind.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 26th, 2016
Hello and welcome
Your concern is appreciated
Its a type a headache syndrome in which people may suffer from severe headache during or at the climax ..... painkillers are given to the patients
ruptured aneurysm is dangerous pathology which produces much more symptoms once ruptured not just headache. Aneurysm can give headache so to be sure you can do am MRI brain for that.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.