Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

popped an abcess myself, having nerve pain

User Profile
Please help me diagnose

My wisdom tooth is impacted but ive had no pain. . About 1-2 months ago they had gotten slighty infected and then my jaw started shifting over, my cheek swelled and got hard all of a sudden. A week after this i have what i think was an abcess i popped it my self but now that everything feels okay i am having weird nerve pains on the side of my face but nothing in my mouth hurts i can feel it shoot up into my nostrils as well and also the side of my jaw (skin) feel irritated
Also my cheek right next to the wisdom tooth is firm I have a couple of white specs around that area of my mouth

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2017
Dental Health Answer A61033
Welcome to e health forum.

From your history, it appears that you had a enlarged lymph node as a result of your infected wisdom tooth. The infected lymph node was converted into a abscess and that ultimately drained out.

The pain you are experiencing is more likely due to a irritated nerve and will subside in due time as the inflammation will subside.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Dental Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.