About two weeks ago I had an eye infection in both eyes (blood shot eyes, iching and painful). I was given some cream (fucithalmic) to use twice a day and it seemed to do the trick after a few days, the irritation went, blood shot cleared and no longer irritating. Since then (that was about 10 days ago now) I have had poor vision in my right eye. Its almost like I had a sheet of cling film over my eye and things seem a bit blury. I also seem very sensative to light, and light seems to also have a cloudy glow around it. I kept using the cream for a few days even after when I thought the infection had cleared but the poor vision remains. Is it possible I simply still have the infection or could something have been damaged ? I find it very difficult to focus on the computer monitor / TV for more than 10 mins. Many thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper AdmiralGadoosh
|

replied June 16th, 2012
Poor vision after eye infection
Hi I'm sufferIng with the exact same complaint and finding no help anywhere! Did this problem get resolved for you or are you still experiencing problems? I'm really scared I'm going blind or something I'm really worried but no one seems to have an answer for me doctors/opticians even the A&E dept.

Please help
|

replied June 17th, 2012
I would not worry. It cleared up by itself after about a week. I'm not sure if it was an effect of the cream or it was just the eye healing itself but after a few days of posting this it cleared up, it took a long time but it eventually solved itself.
|

replied June 17th, 2012
Oh thank you! I have been do worried and no one seemed to be taking me seriously but you can't take any chances with your eyes really can you.

I'm still using the cream and it's only blurred on distance today (which I could see before with my glasses).

Anyway thank you so much for reassuring me its calmed me down a lot!

I'm glad your eyes got better and hopefully mine will too Smile
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....