Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

poor urinary flow, plus the need to frequently wake up?

User Profile
Earlier this year, I became very ill with an infection displaying symptoms very much like glandular fever; it began with a chronic swelling of a lymph node in my neck, followed by pain and aching travelling downward to various areas of my body, particularly in my kidneys and groin area. This was accompanied by chronic fatigue and weight loss.
Blood tests revealed a negative result for glandular fever and I have since pretty much recovered, but now experience lower back pain when walking and I have recently developed an almost constant dull ache in my pelvic area and poor urinary flow, plus the need to frequently wake up in the night to urinate.
\'m 43 years old and have had no previous problems like this. Any ideas? Thanks.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 5th, 2012
Prostate Answer A40095

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Urinary flow problems along with pain while walking and pelvis pain could be suggestive of prostate issues. Some other causes could be improper posture,disease or injury to the nerves,spine and muscles or other causes as due to abnormality in the abdomen,chest and kidney. Deranged blood sugar can also be the cause of frequent urination.

It is not possible to give an exact diagnosis without clinical examination and investigations as Blood test,USG scan,etc. It requires a proper thorough evaluation to comment regarding the exact cause. Kindly visit a Physician for evaluation.

Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Prostate , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.