Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

polycystic ovarian syndrome vs pelvic inflamattion disease

hi have a lower abdominal pain on the left,i was diagnosed with pcos when i was 17 now am 28 and it hasnt gone away,i have recently diagnosed with PID and was on treat ment for 3 weeks ,was given doxycycline,metrinazole and indocid together with the vaginal cream,it has only been 4 days and have a white vaginal discharge which comes when am having an abdominal pain.my question is where do i get the discharge and why is the inflammation not going down despite taking medication?please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2014
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The abdominal pain and the vaginal discharge that you describe could indicate vaginal infection, cervicitis, endometritis, PID, etc. Opportunistic infections are possible after antibiotic use as they eliminate both harmful bacteria and natural flora of the body. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation, clarification and assistance. Taking probiotics should also help to resolve your symptoms. Look out for development of any new symptoms. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.