Hi Doc,

I met a boy for marriage, I initially felt he has short legs and does not walk properly, he hinders while walking.. but as time passed i guess i got used to it and dont' feel that he hinders much.but he walks differently...then I took him to met my parents..
my parents are not agreeing for this telling he has polio. his hands are little bit shot when compared to his body.. I asked him he says he does not have any problem..what do u feel doe she really has some problem..please guide me.Is it good marrying him?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2014
Thank you for asking!
Disproportionate extremities does not necessarily means he has polio. Decision of getting married to him is nothing with polio, even if he has polio does not mean your siblings will have. Its your personal decision and mere limping should not be the reason to deny. Get him to the neurologist and let them sort out and decide finally what is the limping significant for. Too deficient history to comment on any further. I hope you see it in a right perspective.
Meanwhile visit our health centre for further guidance.
http://ehealthforum.com/healthcenter/
Take care
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Polio , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.