Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Please! Somebody, anybody! I need persons who would listen.. :(

User Profile
Well, hi, I am Kate. So... What i want to say is that I need persons to talk to specially when I'm sad. I think I am depressed. I hate my self, I hate the people around me, I have family problems that makes me cry almost every night. It's like a burden. Every time I go to school, I have no one to talk to about my problems. I don't have close friends who are willing to listen. I'm tired of carrying this heavy feelings inside me. Whenever I tell my parents that I think I'm depressed, they won't listen and instead, say that it's only my imagination. I'm having suicidal thoughts. I like hurting my self specially cutting and slashing my skin. I feel like nothing. I feel like I'm just a waste of space. I feel like if I suddenly disappear, no one would even notice. I feel like I am different than the others and I feel like giving up. Sad sorry for writing such a long post but.. This length is nothing compared to the pain I am going through.. I know that there are other persons who feel like I do so please, please give me advice. I don't know what to do with my life anymore.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile KinzyKate
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied February 16th, 2012
Hi Kate,

I feel the same way like you sometimes. Please be strong and try to see the future. I know its almost impossible to think of good things in such times but if you try hard enough, you can find it. Hang in there and concentrate on your school, spend most of your time reading something you like and at least you'll forget the pain for sometime. Know that you're not alone and things will get better.
|

replied February 17th, 2012
Experienced User
Hey Kate, I understand what you're going through. I'm sorry you don't have support group or anything. You're not crazy and what you're experiencing is real. I'm bipolar, and am going through my mixed episodes, mostly depression at he moment. Feel free to email me here, and I'm more than willing to listen and talk.
|

User Profile
replied February 17th, 2012
Experienced User
Hiya Kate, I'm Ozy.

I know how it feels to be so desperate for someone to talk to, someone who will really listen.

I'm here every day, feel free to drop me a message anytime. I can't say I know everything you're going through, but I know depression and suicidal thoughts pretty well. Just please, please, reach out to someone (anyone who'll listen will likely do, really) before you hurt yourself again.

I'm online most of every day, and I will listen.
|

User Profile
replied February 18th, 2012
Experienced User
Hi Kinzy,

You say you THINK you have depression. Based on what you have written I'd have to say you are in deep and need medical and therapeutic help.

There are some here who will try and talk with you and do their best and that's great. We all need outlets.

But your best choice by far right now is medical help. Just go see the doc and get a referral. If you are suicidal then you will need a shrink, else a therapist. Maybe both. Most of us do have both at various times.

Hang in there, help is available if you go get it.
|

replied February 19th, 2012
hi kate, i know exactly how your feeling, i tried to commit suicide 1 year ago and used to cut myself aswell its such a horrible thing to go through especially by yourself your very much welcome to message me on here and chat when ever you need to Smile xx
|

replied February 19th, 2012
Hey. I'd love to assist you any way I can. Don't worry, I come here to find depressed people and extend my knowledge for free. Drop me a message on facebook so we could keep contact. Or you could send me a message here regarding the details. I'd like to know more about it.

I've handled cases worse than yours so that's not a big deal. You'll get through it.

Smile
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied February 20th, 2012

We can talk.
|

replied February 25th, 2012
Hi Kate. We can talk when ever you want to.

Dejan
|

replied February 26th, 2012

i get the same feelings i love listening to people<3
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Hi Kinzy.

Please be cafeful in making one on one connections.

Especially Facebook as it well known for the numbers of predators that lurk there. Most tend to be kids as well and thus frivolous.

It's not a safe place by any means. 0ne on one's so soon also tend to be risky.

I'd really suggest sticking with writing to a large group here until you know people well enough to be comfortable.

One thing which is a red flag is people who offer contact but say nothing of themselves.

What that indicates is they don't know much to help you and don't have much to offer. Like FB a nunber of these posters appear to be just "collecting" friends, No use to you.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Okay, so that last post raises some good points that I hadn't really thought of. Bad Ozy. Good advice above me.

Kate, I really hope you found someone to reach out to.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Hey Ozy,

Nothing personal mate. Just looking out for the poster who may be very inexperienced with the internet. And vulnerable.

I don't know you or any of the others so I don't point fingers.

I just say "be careful" outside a safe site such as this as there are no "rules" out there.

Also I would have expected anyone volunteering to talk with the poster would give some background about themselves so she knows where you are coming from.

But FaceBook? Biggest gathering of online criminals there is. Well known for i. Sexual predators and ID theft, phishing, you name it, FB is right up there as the number 1 site for suckers.
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2012
Experienced User
Didn't take it personal, no worries.

My FB circle is so small I often forget what a "wretched hive of scum and villainy" it really is.
|

replied February 27th, 2012
Hi, I'm Fee.

I'm quite new to this and yours is the first post I've read. I feel exactly the same as you. I feel like I don't have many friends and it's becoming so hard at work atm, because as hard as I try to stay involved with everyone, I always feel forgotten and invisible. I can't talk to my family because I don't want to worry them. I feel like I just want a friend who understands and who has the same interests, sense of humor etc as me. Just to have someone to talk to would be so nice. So feel free to talk to me any time. I'm depressed and my social anxiety and phobias are probably the main contributing factors to my isolation.

I hope you can find lots of support on here x
|

replied February 28th, 2012
Why are you sad??? Why are we all sad, depressed, filled with insecurity? We are a product of society that have chewed us up and spat us out.
Wouldn't you rather give 'life' a chance? I mean we are only on earth this once. After that??? - well that depends on if you believe if we turn into a butterfly or a beautiful tree and go back into this world, just like we came into this world - life is there for the taking.
Come on!!! You can get out of this hole!!! You all can. You have to want to and then it's up to you to do it.
Humans are strong. We have a choice.
Talk to me anytime you want to. Big hugs XXX
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....