Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Please help with mysterious bites?

I started getting these random red bumps which resemble bites yesterday. When I first started itching it was on my leg and then during the day it was on other random places. Today yesterdays bites started getting lighter. The bites are not in a straight line and there are only about 10 on both of my legs. Quite a lot are on my right arm and a few on my left. Today I also noticed about 3 on my neck which i am uncomfortable about people seeing. The bites itch a lot but 1 at a time. I went to the pharmacy and they didn't know what it was and told me to see a doctor. We went there and the one we saw was not experienced, so another came. He said he also didn't know but they both asked me had I been in any forest etc. All these 2 days I have not seen any bugs flying or hopping around or flying and I am good at spotting these things. The doctors gave us some cream but had no idea what it was. I am quite worried so please give some advice. Than rainbow ks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 6th, 2013
hello I have had this condition for over a year going on two. I had the same symptoms in the beginning with red bumps in random places, itching mostly during the night. But it progressively got worst. The bumps became pancake sized welts that became black and blue because the swelling was so severe. Over the course of time I learn ed that I was being infested with some unseen skin parasite. My skin started webbing and a few toes on my oot webbed. I started getting
patches of rashes that itched like crazy my scalp had constant crawling and so did my skin. Over time I have used lots of stinky menthol and lavender products. Cut my hair and have stopped sleeping in a bed altogether. This thing is a constant war,i have less discomfort now and have kind of gotten an understanding of how they operate. Everyday is a fight for my skin and my sanity. I now believe this parasite is mold motivated. This is a very very short version of my story if anyone has questions for me please ask . This is a battle and you may have to fight for months or years so be prepared!!!!!!!!
|

replied January 28th, 2019
I am in the same boat. I have dealt with this for 2 years at the cost of my wallet and sanity and vanity. I was so desperate I used garden Malathion 100% on my head for 8 hours! It did nothing. The bites hurt, leave blood blisters, are all over my body, clothes, shoes nose ears mouth eyebrows. skin is completely destroyed. I live in a shelter, I cannot live this way. I have tried ivermectin, ovide, lindane nothing worked. Its so bad now people can see them in my hair and see the bites - I am in pain, cant think straight and do not want to go on this way. Been to derm, they said I had dandruff. I made another apt with a derm. and a better dr for a body scan. this is my last hope. I pray that he has sympathy knowledge and compassion - which drs lack these days. I am not giving up, I wish you the best of luck and I hope that we can all get back to life without pain and washings all the time. my looks are gone my clothes are shot out, my hair looks like a scarecrow from nit combing. I use so much makeup I should be laying in a coffin. And it doesn't help either. I pray that we all get some normality back into our lives and a compassionate, wise and determined dr that will take the time to get to the bottom of the problem. btw my finger and toenails are always hurting those bugs are under them! my one eye is swollen shut my ears are torn up - horrible, and living in newark nj in a shelter doesnt help have to share showers, and comb in my room. reinfestation anyone?? God help us!
|

replied December 6th, 2013
hello I have had this condition for over a year going on two. I had the same symptoms in the beginning with red bumps in random places, itching mostly during the night. But it progressively got worst. The bumps became pancake sized welts that became black and blue because the swelling was so severe. Over the course of time I learn ed that I was being infested with some unseen skin parasite. My skin started webbing and a few toes on my oot webbed. I started getting
patches of rashes that itched like crazy my scalp had constant crawling and so did my skin. Over time I have used lots of stinky menthol and lavender products. Cut my hair and have stopped sleeping in a bed altogether. This thing is a constant war,i have less discomfort now and have kind of gotten an understanding of how they operate. Everyday is a fight for my skin and my sanity. I now believe this parasite is mold motivated. This is a very very short version of my story if anyone has questions for me please ask . This is a battle and you may have to fight for months or years so be prepared!!!!!!!!
|

replied December 28th, 2013
Look at collembola/springtails. I've had them for a year now... 2 moldy apartments I lived in were infested. Tossed nearly everything, moved again. Now I'm using sulfur in a fogger, cedar, menthol, and a hundred other things. It's less bad. See my post in the "insects/parasites in clothing" thread.
|
Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....