hello, can someone here please help. Iam very worried about my friend who is 70 yrs old. male. He has been having double vision and Tilted Sideways vision for a few weeks now. he has been to the doctor and they increased his T4 thyroid medicine. He is also borderline diabetic but not taking anything. Does anyone here know what this can be from and if you know what the sideways tilted vision can be from ?

When he places his hand over one eye, the vision is FINE.

When he drives ,the signs are appearing double too.

He is nearsighted also.

He has to return to the doctor in a few weeks, but we are still worried. If you know what may cause this , I appreciate all your help, Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 24th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi hello40 and welcome to ehealth: Your friend should be seeing an Opthamologist about this problem...It could be serious....One more thing...Tell him not to drive a car...He is not only a threat to himself, but all other drivers that are on the road...Take care...

Caroline
|

He is not driving since he had this occur. He first noticed this while driving and is seeing a doctor but they said his actual vision was okay. We are just worried and tryign to get some information, if anyone here knows what tilted or sideways vision is possible from ? thanks again
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
That's good...I believe it is caused by a nerve in the eye...Has he ever tried to concentrate on an object with both eyes straight and hold it there?...This is very similar to a "lazy eye" as you can't get the two areas to match up...I wouldn't be surprised if they are able to find a change in his glasses that may help....Hopefully all will work out...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied January 22nd, 2011
my 10 yr old daughter has similar problem. she tilts her head/neck to focus on object. she cant keep her head straight when looking @ an object. she's already had a strabismus surgery on right eye. when she is tired she sees double. pls help.
|
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....