Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Please help me stop self harming

User Profile
I have been a few months free of self harm, but I have recently have started cutting again. There are so many triggers in my life and it seems like there is no escape from this... I am a teen and believe there may be hope for me... please save me from myself
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2018
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i believe it is a borderline personality disorder and self harm needs to be stopped with help of a good psychotherapist and psychiatrist along with medications and compliant use of it. More important is avoiding of those stressors which lead to it. You need psycho therapy sessions and a lot of guidance and support. Find others like you with borderline personality disorder and join the support groups it will help.

Take care.
|

User Profile
replied April 2nd, 2018
Experienced User
Hey sorry to read your post it sounds like your going through a difficult time if you if ever want to talk please feel free to message me.

Take care

Sponge
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Self Injury , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.