User Profile
my daughter is 5 month old.she is gentle baby Razz .sleeps almost all the day except 2 or three hour.in evening i let her wake up and again put her on bed to sleep at 11 oi clock.but she wakes up at 12am and sleep at 2am.it annoys me because i have to get up early.hr father also get angry.plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 5th, 2009
Experienced User
The best thing to do is to not let her ahve too much sleep in the day as this will stop her form sleeping at night, let her sleep the same time every day say start off letting her sleep for 2 hrs at mid day or what ever and put her to bed about 9pm or whats easier for you and hopefully she will be so tired she will say asleep all night. And when shes not asleep just play and give her lots of attention so she likes the idea of being awake and playing (and im not saying that you dont do this anyway) then hopefully she will stay asleep, let me know how you are getting on.

xxxxxxxx
|

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2009
well baby should sleep 4 at least 16 hour a day thats why i am conscious 4 her sleep.if baby wants to sleep how can i stop her.
|

replied December 17th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
although babies do need sleep, they might end up getting their days and nights mixed up, meaning they are sleeping for too long during the day, and then keep up up at night time or arent sleeping though the night.
You should try to keep her up a little longer during the mid afternoon time, that way she might end up sleeping longer at night time when you go to bed, and after a while she might even sleep throughout the night too.
I havent heard that babies need 16 hours sleep, but i would also assume that they are really reccommended to get the full 16 in all at once, thats when you run into sleep problems such as this.

Keep her entertained and awake that way she gets sleepier when it comes close to when you and your husband goes to sleep, it may take a few nights for her to adjust, due to the fact that at 5 months, i am assuming she has had this sleep pattern of sleeping at 11-12am for a while.
My son was the same way. Slept all day up all night.
After a few nights of toughing it out and keeping up throughout utter exaustion! He was sleeping from 10pm at night until 10 am in the morning!
|
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....