Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

plantar plate tear , bunion, and moretons Nuroma consultant

User Profile
Recently, I have been diagnosed with a complicating plantar plate tear , bunion, and moretons
Nuroma please advise whether I have not been to see a surgeon yet as this was a side diagnosis from my OA and Ra. Whom should I consult and will it mean surgery.
Should I have all done together.?
Thank you ymous60
Ymous 60

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2014
Foot Disorders Answer A46856
hi there
there is nothing to worry
consult an orthopedic surgeon for proper diagnosis and management.

Bunions may be treated conservatively with changes in shoe gear, different orthotics (accommodative padding and shielding), rest, ice and medications. These sorts of treatments address symptoms more than they correct the actual deformity. Surgery, by an orthopedic surgeon or a podiatric surgeon, may be necessary if discomfort is severe enough or when correction of the deformity is desired.

thanks for using ehealth forum

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Foot Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.