Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Plan B affects women on the pill in certain situation? now?

Birth Control and Plan B
I am on birth control but I know there are some factors that affect the effectiveness such as use of antibiotics or not taking the pill the same time every day. Therefore I usually use condoms as well. Unfortunately I ended up having unprotected sex one day and was worried about my birth control b/c I had taken it late a couple of days. So I took a Plan B pill. I continued taking the birth control as usual. 2 weeks later I had sex that was protected but there is a minuscule chance that the condom broke. If it did fail should I be worried? I know the plan B messes w/ the cycle so I must use back up. I am concerned although I don't think it broke but the chance is still there. If I have been taking my birth control as usual after using plan B how concerned should I be? Should I take another emergency pill? I don't want to take another one because of how it changes the cycle and then I will have to be worried for ANOTHER month if the condom breaks. My period is due tomorrow or the next day but I know Plan B changes it should I wait until it arrives or go ahead & take another emergency pill?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
shiningstar10, you have nothing to be worried about.

Take care!
|

replied November 16th, 2010
thank you!
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...