I'm scared because I've notice a couple of months ago that there's something small and a bit fat that is white/yellow in my poop. These things however never moves. I'm sorry. I know it's gross and all, but the only reason I started looking was because sometimes my anus itches. I didn't care at first since I have a dry skin and I thought that's the problem. Is it pinworms? I don't really have any of the other symptoms of it. Do I have pinworms? I'm 18.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2011
Hello and thank you for posting your health query on E health Forum.

From the history provided here, presence of anal pruritus and suspicion of worms in stools would definitely need medical attention.

You might consider getting yourself examined, as well as getting a stool examination done for ova and parasites. This will give a definitive diagnosis.

In addition, presence of specific clinical features and signs can guide your doctor to initiate interventions for deworming.

I hope you find my suggestion helpful.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: symptoms, skin
Quick Reply
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.