User Profile
i have a rash on my chest, sort of collar bone area and its pinkish with large raised areas that are white. there arent raised bumps but more like raised areas of the rash and they have a little red dot in the middle. its a litttle itchy

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2010
Skin Answer A12299
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

The kind of description of rash which you have given can be seen in contact dermatitis (in which the cloth of the shirt can be the culprit).

Avoiding the use of the particular shirt can be helpful. Dandruff in the hair can also produce such a rash, if you’re suffering from it.

Heat rash also produces a similar rash but it is also seen on the exposed areas of the body. Using some antihistaminics like cetrizine and applying ice helps in the alleviation of symptoms.

I must admit that it is not possible to make an online diagnosis and for the same you’re requested to contact a dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.