Medical Questions > Relationships > Pets and Animals Forum

Pink Eye conguntivitous transmission

My sister is home from college this summer, and while at home she adopted a kitten. The kitten is healthy, with the exception of having conguntivitous (spelling?) which is really not that uncommon, he is on prescription drops to help. Anyways, my male dog has fallen in love with the kitten and has been playing with him constantly......Today he had yellow gunk in his eyes and the white areas were all pink! I took him to the vet and he said that it was pink eye, gave him drops, and said it would clear in a few days. The drops have seemed to make his eye look better, but he is obviously very itchy....he's rubbing his face on everything and constantly pawing at his eye! Do y'all know of anything that I could do to help with his discomfort? My mom said to try a camomile tea bag, but he did not like that!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
i always make sure to wipe the gunk out with a warm washcloth(then i wash that in bleach) it helps clear the eye out and not let it fester under there. I hope that he is getting better quickly--its not fun to have conjunctivitis.
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Lots of treats? Very Happy
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
lol that is my answer to every thing----but be careful--dont give him diareah from too many treats
|

replied July 30th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Yes! He has been getting lots of extra treats! Thankfully, his condition has improved, no more gunk, and his eye is only slightly pink. Thanks so much y'all! Smile
|
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....