Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Pink discharge = first period?

Ok so I'm actually 14, and haven't started my period, no this isn't the problem, my mother was late too. For the past 7 months or so ive had white discharge, and have been wearing panty liners for awhile too. This weekend I went to the bathroom, and to my surprise, the liners had a pinkish discharge kind of thing. This has been happening since then, though I'm not having any other symptoms.... I'm hoping to get my period before school starts in a week, is that reasonable. Thank you if you respond, and have a great day!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 21st, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Dischage usually occurs 6 months to a year before you get your first period.

The pink discharge means you will get your period soon.

Unfortunately you have no control when it will come and when it finishes. When I first started my period, it was the middle of the day and I was in school! All my sisters were at home when they started so they got a day off!
|

replied December 19th, 2012
me too!
This is exactly was is happening to me!
I looked online and most of the websites say that it means you are going to start you period.
Hope this helps! Smile
|

replied July 25th, 2013
my first period?!
a couple of months ago I went to the toilet and there was some light pinkish blood but not a lot. Nothing like that has happened ever since and I'm hoping my period will start this summer. Is that reasonable? Im 12, 13 in early august and all my friends have just started. What do I do??
|
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...