I have had yeast infections off and on for about 10 years, I'd say about 6 times a year. I have been told my immune system isn't strong enough so I have tried enhancing it.

Looking around on the web, I found that pinecone extract has helped with yeast infections, have any of you used it before?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2013
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

Well the claims are dubious and may or may not help. Various reasons for recurrent fungal infection are incomplete treatment, treatment resistance, co-existing dermatitis, diabetes and low immunity. The risk of vaginal infections especially thrush or fungal infection is higher in women on contraceptive pills containing estrogen. Changing the pill type often helps in these cases. Discuss this with your gynecologist.

If other causes are ruled out and only low immunity is the cause of recurrence of fungal infection, then this can be boosted by healthy diet, exercise, and taking vitamin pills. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

|

replied May 1st, 2013
Hi Dr. Mathur,

Thank you for the reply! I am not on any contraceptive pills so at least I can rule that our from being the issue.

It is funny how you say 'low immunity'. I was told the same thing from a few people online. I have started eating more foods that boost my immunity, and I got on the pinecone extract. It has shown to enhance immunity so it is worth a shot.

Is there anything else you can recommend to increase my immunity.
|
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.