Hey everyone, hope everybodys well.

Courtney has decided that when you pick her up she likes to pinch and pull hair Sad which really isnt nice as sometimes she hurts. We tell her no but she just smiles and thinks it's funny.

Does anyone have any ideas what to do to teach her its wrong.

Thanks

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Not sure....my daughter is doing the same things. I'm hoping she gets out of this phase very soon....

She's also tried to bite me a few times....Sad
|

replied July 22nd, 2008
Experienced User
Thanks for the reply. How old is your girl? Courtney will be one in 3 weeks. We have been quite lucky Courtney isnt biteing (yet!) but yeah like you said hopefully its just a phase, and the sooner they stop it the better.

Im surprised no one else has been posting i was hoping that it was a common thing but i guess not sad2
|

replied July 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Cheyenne will be 1 on August 18th. She's only tried biting me (on purpose) when I was changing her diaper and she would have rather been playing. The other times I don't think she really meant too...she's teething and will bite on anything that's put near her mouth. I'm hoping the one time she purposely tried to bite me was a one time thing.
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2008
Supporter
I think the pulling hair thing is pretty common. My daughter is 20 months & she loves to pull my hair. She thinks it's hilarious, & even if I shout "NO!" she just laughs. She's the same with my glasses.. she's constantly pulling them off my face. She's a lovely little girl most of the time & she's very affectionate, she just has a few bad habits that she finds funny.

If she does it while I'm holding her, I say "no" & sit her on the floor. Hopefully she'll learn that mummy doesn't give her cuddles when she does it.
|

replied July 22nd, 2008
Experienced User
Zanny wrote:
I think the pulling hair thing is pretty common. My daughter is 20 months & she loves to pull my hair. She thinks it's hilarious, & even if I shout "NO!" she just laughs. She's the same with my glasses.. she's constantly pulling them off my face. She's a lovely little girl most of the time & she's very affectionate, she just has a few bad habits that she finds funny.

I forgot to say that i wear glasses too and sometimes Courtney gets a hold of mine and she thinks its funny.

If she does it while I'm holding her, I say "no" & sit her on the floor. Hopefully she'll learn that mummy doesn't give her cuddles when she does it.

Thats a good idea, what we were doing was giving her 3 chances and telling her NO when she did wrong and if she carried on then we put her in her cot for a few minutes with no toys so that she knew she did wrong.

Thanks for the repies girls
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2008
Supporter
I'm having the same problems.Mika bites, pinches and pulls hair Sad if she wants a feed i get attacked, i really can't wait til i've finished breastfeeding now
|
Tags: parenting, hair
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....