Medical Questions > Womens Health > Fertility Forum

pin head sperm, non motile and have only 1000ml sperm.

User Profile
Me and my husband havae been trying to conceive for five years. Recently we have our check up and my ob gyne said i don't have any problem. but my husband on his result states that he has a pin head sperm, non motile and have only 1000ml sperm. the doctor said he has no chance of having someone pregnant. we haven't tried the ultrasound and other test that they want us to do but we are already depressed on what they have said. Is there any chance we could or he could drink vitamins for his sperm count to go up. and what to do with the pin head type kind of sperm? please help us.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2014
Sexual Health - Men Answer A48240
Thank you for asking
The sperm count of your husband is dangerously low. Only thousand per ml and that too with deranged morphology.normal limit of lower range spermatogenesis count is minimum 20 to 30 thousand per ml. Natural means of conception won't be possible in your case.get to a fertility consultant and let them devise assisted reproductive techniques for artificial insemination and icsi intracytoplasmic sperm need a good fertility consultant. Meanwhile get your husband on antioxidants and zinc supplements and a prophylaxis of antibiotics to help the remaining help. Be hopeful.nothing is impossible.
may the odds be ever in your favour.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Fertility , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.