Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Pimple like bump in pubic area

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
User Profile
I guess about 2 months age my husband ended up with a pimple like bump in his pubic area. He didnt think much of it. A month went by and he had more now in his pubic area as well as his penial area. The dr told him it had to do with hormons. He went to a derm and they told him that it was warts. He found another dr online and went to see him they told him that it was Mulluscum. Now when the first dr told him not to worry it was nothing we had intercourse. Its been about 2 weeks I was wondering what is the percentage that I can get this? I went and got tested for everything when he was told it was warts. Im clean so far thank god. I want to know more about this mulluscum I found out it is a STD but kids can get it to from swimming and playing in a sand box. But because where he has it I want to say Im 100% sure Im not the only 1 my husband has been with in our 21 yrs. I was also wondering what is the percentage of hookers having this? come to findout theirs a lot of them around his work

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2010
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A14919
Hi! Many thanks for your question on eHealth forum!

The only way to be sure of diagnosis of Molluscum contagiosum is to go for a biopsy. This is not a STD actually though it can spread by genital contact. It is treated by excision or cryocautery.

Other than this the white bumps could be Fordyce spots. These are dilated blood vessels covered with skin and can heal on their own. The other possibility is pearly white papules. These are harmless swellings and disappear on their own. The third possibility is blocked sebaceous glands. These too often open up on their own.

It would help to consult a dermatologist. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.