Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
I had unprotected oral sex 3 weeks back. About a week back, I developed a large pimple in the pubic area. I have got pimples in this area before and this was no different. However, the pimple grew to the size of a small pea and became very painful. The head developed and it filled with puss. After a few days, it broke and lots of blood and puss came out. By the next day, the pain had vanished and the pimple diminished in size. Presently there is a small hard lump just under the skin with flaky skin on the surface. There is no pain or itch, but this has never happened before.

I also noted a few tiny red spots on the head of the penis, which disappeared in a few days. These were more prominent when wet or after I masturbated.

Could this be anything serious?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2010
Sexual Health - Men Answer A9042

You need to get these lesions evaluated by a Dermatologist soon. Since it was unprotected sexual contact, there is always a risk of infection. The pimple on the pubic area may not be a problem but it is always safe to get it checked.

you will also need to watch for any other symptoms such as fever, rash, etc.


This post is for the purpose of providing medical information and is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a doctor. This post is not intended to give or rule out a diagnosis, create a doctor-patient relationship or replace an existing one.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.