My Husband has been on champix for 5 weeks now., he's a mild to heavy smoker and likes a drink so he didnt give up the smokes until the 14th day. When i noticed changes in him i decided to do research. My husbands a pilot in Australia and when i read the bans in the uk and america for air traffic controllers and pilots from using champix i was horrified. The other day he ran into a pole while parking, that triggered my concern mainly as he's called Mr Saftey'to family and friends so his lack of concerntration was scary. i heard of the mood swings through other people, but this man is very relaxed and nothing bothers him so though he's physcologically sound for this tablet., i was wrong., he's tired cranky all the time, and after a quite a few beers we arrived home and he was extremely angry (not his personality at all) . I showed him the reports today and thankfully he is going off the pill straight away. Other people should adhere to these warnings. I'm surprised the doctor even prescribed them to a pilot afterall the known side-effect, tiredness drousy concerntration etc. i hope it doesnt take too long for him to be back to normal.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 25th, 2010
champix 'what they dont tell you '
ive started taking champix and i am on day 14, i have nevr felt so ill in my life i have no energy, the room feels as though it is spinning, i feel sick and have found a temper i never knew i had, i stopped taking them 2 days ago and still feel really bad with constant dizziness,although i havnt smoked since starting them i am fed up of feeling like this im due back to the clinic today to discuss this and will make them aware that these tablets are leathal and should not be so easily given out, since reading the reports about them i will never touch them again and hope in the next few days i start to feel normal again, I cannot beleive they would give these to a pilot as i can only just manage to walk in a straight line it may sound dramtic but they have realy knocked me for six and should be banned
|

replied August 25th, 2010
even after my husband has been off them for about 4 weeks he hasnt been quite the same., still a bit miserable but that could be because he's off the cigaretes, not sure but i'm sure it will pass., they recently had a media backlash re champix in melbourne., it was in the age and also the radio, with the announcer damming champix after the revenue etc etc., fortunately a lot of public are aware of that hideous drug., good luck with your recovery, from what i've read, normality does return.
|