This has been an ongoing problem for me for about a year now. Every 3-4 days I get phlegm in my throat that usually will work its way up my throat especially when I talk. I often eat a piece of bread to help the phlegm go back down and my throat is fine for about 3-4 days after. However, sure enough, I get the phlegm back after a couple of days and this has been CONSTANT for the last year.

I used to smoke for 5 years, but I quit last year. I used to inhaled through my mouth and breath out the smoke through my nose so I wonder if this is the reason why. My doctor suggested I put Vaseline up nose because my nose looked dry so I opted for Rhinaris Lubricating mist instead but the problem is still there.

Is there anything I can do, does anyone else have this same problem? The doctors out here are kind of dumb and nobody I talk to takes me seriously about it. Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2009
Most doctors are trained to look at the "overall" things going on with a patient. See a nose and throat doctor. He will be trained in this feild and take you serious.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....