User Profile
I have a girlfriend who has experienced this phlegm discomfort for a long period of time. Is this a serious complication? Are there any remedies? Or should I consult a E.N.T. for advice she has this phelgn continuously for years and it comes on every 20 minutes or so. Kindly advise with thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2010
Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Answer A11926
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned with the phlegm discomfort in throat in your girlfriend present for years.
There are a lot number of causes for phlegm in throat including postnasal drip, allergic rhinitis, runny nose, chronic bronchitis, nasal polyp, sinusitis, vasomotor rhinitis, smoking, nasal cancer, nasopharyngeal cancer etc. and you need a consultation with ENT doctor to ascertain the cause and institute appropriate therapy.
Hope this helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.