Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Persistent painful swollen lymph nodes (brain cancer?)

I've had some swollen lymph nodes that have been there for 4+ years. Only a few months ago they started to cause me pain. A large one is located on the back of my head and at the base of my skull (posterior cervical), and another is about halfway down the side of my neck. I also have had a lot of pain with a swollen gland or lymph node located on the right underside of my jaw. It is tender to the touch (doesn't feel like a normal shape at all; not round) and painful almost 24/7. My original concern was that it could be Lymphoma, but I have had two blood count tests and an ultrasound and all came back normal.

Recently in the past few weeks I have started to have migraines that are super painful in the back of my head and all the way down through my whole neck. That and I have noticed over the past few years that it is more difficult to form sentences and I am much more forgetful when it comes to remembering words.

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything but I have also had diarrhea much more frequently in the past 6 months or so and fatigue has been a major problem with me, even after getting a lot of sleep.

I am slightly concerned as to what is causing all of my symptoms, especially with the lymph nodes being there for 4+ years and all of the pain I have had recently. Will a brain tumor usually show up in a blood count test? As an increase in white blood cells? Or do my symptoms match anything else?

Thank you all so much in advance for the help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Nothing in this whole scenario point towards brain cancer. I would suggest you to have FNAC of the lymph node that is greater than 2cm.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.