Hi all. I am experiencing a persistant muscle inflammation in my right leg. Blood tests have also revealed a high C-Reactive Protein and E-Sedimentation Rate. Doctors have picked a bit of vasculitis and myositis. However a proper diagnosis hasn't been made. I have gone for a third opinion now and doctors seem to treat my symtoms and not the cause or trigger. I am taking immune suppressors such as methotrexate and solumedrol. Please advise or recommend further. Devon
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2014
Thank you for asking Devon!
C reactive protein and ESR elevations are two very broad spectrum tests covering many possibilities underlying. Need more specific work up for that. Continue the immune modulating treatment meanwhile for the vasculitis and myositis. Complete vascular assessment is needed here like doppler sonographic. bleeding and clotting profile, renal and pulmonary assessment for any systemic cause of vasculitis, Biopsy and histopathological exam is needed to sort out the cause too. assessment for ANCA, antinuclear antibodies, complement levels, cryoglobulins, antistreptolysin O antibodies, Hemoccult testing, antibodies for viral hepatitis, as well as determining the presence of a rheumatoid factor. Urinalysis may detect glomerular involvement. Radiographs, and if indicated, computerized topography and magnetic resonance imaging may be useful in diagnosing occult respiratory tract or neurologic disease. and help reach the cause.it will take time an an expert's monitoring to reach ther.
Hang in there and keep trying.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Visit our health centre for further guidance.
http://ehealthforum.com/healthcenter/
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Inflammatory and Abnormal Cell Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.