Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Period two weeks and going

I am 25 and a little freaked out.I have always been on time with my periods each month they have always been manageable.I had my tubes tied not long after i had my daughter. And for some reason this time around my period has been longer. It has been two weeks to the day and still going. Keeps going back and fourth between old and new blood on top of light and heavy. What could this be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2014
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Please get a pregnancy test done to rule out pregnancy first
In case of abnormal vaginal bleeding Pregnancy must be
ruled out first.
If pregnancy is ruled out then workup for dysmenorrhea
and anatomical problems can be done.

wishing you best of health

thanks

|

replied November 18th, 2014
Hi,
I also agree that pregnancy test would help you in knowing the exact reason behind bleeding. So go for it first, in case you can also consult your gynecologist to help you in knowing this issue more properly.And to stay comfortable in this heavy bleeding you can make use of Cupissima .
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied December 6th, 2014
Could also be a fibroid. That's usually more common in older women near menopausal age. But worth checking out, so it can stop stress worries. Most fibroids are benign/ non cancerous.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.