Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Period or broken hymen ?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
am 19 years old
and when i was 11
i entered my finger inside my ****
and after that i got my period

so am wondering if i broke my hymen

and if i can tell by looking

would plz plz plz plz plz
ansower me

p.s: i did not had sex or any kind of sex !!

i would be so thankful if you
becuz this thing is driving me crazy and i need to know

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 2nd, 2009
Sexual Health - Women Answer A7730
Hello and welcome to eHealth Forum!

By inserting your finger into the vagina, it is possible that you could have broken the hymen. This results in slight bleeding. This cannot be told by visual examination as the hymen is quite inside the vagina. A gynecologist can tell after inserting a finger and gently probing around.

However, even if the hymen is ruptured it is not something to be scared about. The hymen can rupture in virgins in accidents, while cycling, during stretch exercise or sometimes accidently without any cause. At times girls are worried that their partners may feel that they are not virgins when they have intercourse for the first time. Understanding and trust between partners is necessary for the girl to make her partner understand that not all virgins have an intact hymen.

If this is really making you very tense, then you can go for hymen repair provided it has ruptured. Please consult your gynecologist as a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.