Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

period is abit messed up after implant removal

Ok I had th implant taken out of my arm about 7 months ago and it took 3 months for my period to start, I was on a 28 day cycle, we were trying for a baby then my periods just stopped I took loads of tests but it turned out I had a UTI infection and a week later my period started again, back to a 28 day cycle and I had 4 periods and kept trying to concieve and then I didnt have my period in August, stopped for 3 months nothing at all I took countless tests all negative, then it started again in November lasted for about 5 days but was VERY heavy, ive never been that heavy before that was November and its just stopped again! nothing in December Im hopeful it starts again because Im trying for a baby and im starting to regret every havin it, is this normal, how long to I have to wait for it to go back to normal does it even go back to normal and is there anything I can do or take to help it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 9th, 2011
Ive had the implant, nearly a year now i thought your period was supposed to go back to normal fairly straight away? sorry i cant help, hope everything works out ok!
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2011
IO don't want to worry you at all,. I am just thinking about you but she sure discuss this with your doctor, because you could be consiving but then losing it, that might be why you stop and start your periods. You need to see if you can carry a child but if you can't then look up fertilitiy treatment, it will take time for you to concive but you will. Good luck and I wish the best for you.

Faithy
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...