Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Period irregularities, problems with rashes around patch

So it all started last month-- I'm on the patch, and I've been having problems lately with rashes around the patch, or my patch becoming loose. So my patch fell off, and I didn't have another months worth of patches so I started my period after only two weeks.. After that I was able to order more patches, and just took my third patch off Wednesday night and have been expecting my period to come anytime.. Which it came (I think).. I'm having cramps, and my back is kind of hurting, the only thing I'm question is the blood amount. would it be normal for it to be irregular because of what happened last month? It's only when I sit down or wipe do I really see it.. It started off as dark brown but has slowly become more red. I put on a tampon just in case and it was mostly only the end that was bloody. Should I be worried? Or do you think it'll become more regular tomorrow?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2016
There is no need to be worried. It is common to have irregular periods and reduced menstrual flow occasionally when you are on hormonal contraceptives.

As long as you are using it properly, there is no risk of pregnancy.

Most of these side effects are more common during the first 3 months of usage and subside in due time. There is no need for any specific treatment or change of contraceptive method in most cases.

But if you have any concerns or doubts, you should consult your doctor for proper medical opinion.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Menstruation
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.