Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

period gets messed up by stress, but never this long

User Profile
MAY- I spent the night with my boyfriend. We messed around, but DID NOT have sex. We were a little scared that he might have had semen on his fingers and then touched me. I got my period a couple weeks later.

JUNE- We again had the same fear that he touched me with semen on his fingers, but were reassured that everything was ok when I got my period a few weeks after this happened.

JULY- We showered together and things got a little carried away, and he ejaculated. I don’t know if any got on me, but I was worried that it might have rinsed down into my vagina with the water. I got my period a few weeks later, so I again thought everything was okay. I had a few moments of panic and bought a pregnancy test, and it was negative.

AUGUST- We were careful. I’m still a virgin. I got my period at the end of the month when I moved into college.

I haven't gotten it since..2 missed periods. Normally my period gets messed up by stress, but never for this long. What's going on?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A28438
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Hymen has openings in it that allow for passage of menstrual blood and endometrial tissues. Sperms can pass through these and lead to fertilization of egg if the sexual contact (involving semen or pre-cum coming in contact with vagina) has been during your fertile das/ovulation time. The chances of pregnancy can be a possibility. Other causes for delayed/missed periods include hormonal imbalances, PCOD, stress, changes in lifestyle and exercise levels etc. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation to look for the underlying cause for your absent periods. Treatment as needed (based on examination and investigations results) would be started to help you get your periods and regulate them. If pregnancy gets ruled out, and if you intend to remain sexually active, consider visiting your gynecologist to get started on suitable regular birth control measures to be protected (after your periods). Be regular with birth control use as instructed. Avoid having unprotected sexual contact.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.