Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Period for over 2 weeks!! Help?

I normally have a pretty regular period, quite heavy and sometimes very painful, but all normal. On my last period, i got it on time, it was a little heavy, and I had some bad cramps. 10 days after i finished, it came back! It was brown and very light, hardly anything, it's been over 2 weeks now and it varies in flow and colour, but mostly light and brownish/red. I'm not sure if this is normal, and I really don't want to go see a doctor! Has this happened to anyone?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to eehalthforum

Spotting and bleeding after periods is unusual and is suggestive of hormonal imbalances due to any underlying disorder.Mild spotting sometimes occurs during ovulation and is quite normal but prolonged bleeding requires an evaluation.
You require a complete examination and USG scan and Hormonal analysis to rule out the exact cause.Consider visiting a Gynaecologist and start the appropriate treatment accordingly.

Take Care!

|

replied February 19th, 2015
Same problem, solution?
hey I'm going through the same exact thing and I was wondering if you found out the cause of what was happening. I would really really appreciate it
|

replied March 4th, 2015
Heavy bleeding or bleeding in between periods will be suggestive of either hormonal imbalance or may be due to any medication like oc pills. It also depends on age in pubertal age group it is physiological where as in married female many times due to IUCD induced. If you will same complaints in next cycle also there is need for USG to rule out any pathological cause. Consult gynecologist if you are suffering with heavy flow .
Have a happy healthy day.
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2015
Hello, i am new to the forum. I am a 37 yo with 2 kids, the youngest is 2. I am having the same issue (prolonged menstrual cycle) so I saw my gyn today. She thinks it's probably hormonal imbalance and gave me 3 months worth of Beyaz. I have never wanted to get on "the Pill" and even though she takes this brand, and i trust her, i was wondering if anyone knows of any non-hormonal remedies? I looked up herbal remedies and there are a lot, so i was wondering if anyone had any experience with any of them and which ones seem to work best? Thanks in advance.
|
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.