Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Period Delayed by 11 days

Hi, I had sex with my girlfriend on 2nd & 19th November. I used condom while having sex and also fingered her a lot.

Her last period started on 24th October and ended on 28th. Today it is 4th of December and she has yet to get her period. We are wondering what might have caused such a long delay in her period. She usually have periods every 30 days(except last month when it took 34 days).

She has done two home pregnancy tests, one on 2nd and the other on 3rd December. Both turned out to be negative. She also doesn't have any pregnancy symptoms like nausea, vomiting, cravings, etc. But her vagina does become wet from time to time even if she's not horny. I am worried if she's pregnant because of her delayed periods.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2018
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

In all probability, your girlfriend suffers from irregular periods. However, there is a slim chance of pregnancy due to condom failure. So, let her repeat pregnancy test after a week. If it is still negative, she can consult her healthcare provider for further guidance. She may be prescribed medications to resume periods.

This reply to your query is just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit and treatment by a doctor who can examine you. Hope this helped you in making an informed decision about your health. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.