Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Period and brown discharge

Hi!
I am 16 and on January I noticed a brown discharge on my underwear. This lasted for the 3 days and then went back to normal. Then, a month later (February) I got this brown discharge again that lasted the same (3 days). Since that moment it has never appeard again (for about 6 months) and I am scared because my mom and my older sister got their first period when they were 13, and my mom wants me to go to the gynecologist
Please I need help!
Thank u Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 29th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern.
Probably this is an initiation of your cycle.Just relax.Though it is a bit late but I hope you will start menstruating very soon.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

|

replied January 17th, 2018
Hi again
Im sorry that I came back here, but I am still worried. In 3 months I’ll be 17 and still no period.
(Update) On september I had brown discharge for 2 days, on november for 4 days.
And now (January) I had brown discharge for 3 or 4 days. In 2 of those days, apart from the brown discharge, I also had some blood on my underwear.
Its now been a year since I had brown discharge for the first time, but still no period
Please, I need to know what is going on with my body. Is there something wrong?
Thank you!!
|

replied January 25th, 2018
You can try eating couple of dates (about 7) everyday. This always helps me when i'm having bleeding lighter than normal.
Hope it helps Smile
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.