Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

perhaps it could be a hormonal thing?

User Profile
I am currently on what I think is my period, not normal - a week early, very light with no cramps or clotting which is very unusual for me. I understand people have "light periods" but I just do not feel the usual PMS symptoms. In fact, if it wasn't for the light bleeding I would feel as though I was on my period at all. I'm usually very heavy and have full on cramps which leave me feeling sick to the stomach but not this time. I wouldn't class it as 'spotting' as there is a sort of flow just not the normal. I am on day 4 of this but there is barely anything on my pad today (sorry for the crude description).My husband thinks I'm just worrying over nothing?! I'm not stressed out but perhaps it could be a hormonal thing? I'm only 28 so I doubt it is the start of the 'change'

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A20836
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The light bleeding without PMS symptoms, early start of ‘periods’ could also be suggestive of pregnancy, hormonal changes etc. You should consider visiting your doctor for examination and a blood HCG test to rule out pregnancy. Hormonal and blood work-up done along with an ultrasound scan done would help in looking for any other underlying cause responsible for your symptoms and help in further guidance of adequate treatment. Look out for development of any other new symptoms.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.