Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Penis sores itch and scab

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
My fiance and i have been tofether for 4 years. We have hit some pretty hard times to where we didnt think it would work. As far as i know he has been faithful to me. But he does go out of town for work a week at a time.
The second time he went was mid-October. . .I cheated on him for the first time. then again in November, December, and now Janurary(. . all with the same guy) (weve only had sex 5 times) About 2 weeks ago while my fiance was out of town he called me and during our conversation he said he had a small scab on his penis around the head on the bottom(what would be facing the floor) then he said it started itching. He soon got small bumps all the way around the lining of the head. He said it itched but hurt at the same time. It started drying up and crusting. then he saw what apeared to be stretch marks. . (?)It feels better when he uses diaper rash cream. It flairs up after we have sex. It swells up and is very sensitive to the touch. please tell me what this is

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2009
Penis Answer A5395
According to the symptoms you reported, your fiancé might be experiencing a sexually transmitted disease. It is hard to determine the exact cause of an STD without first seeing the bumps in a visual examination and requesting further diagnostic testing, if necessary... but I can give you some possible reasons for the problem.

First, the condition that you've described (bumps around the head of the penis with itching and scabbing) can be caused by both bacteria and fungi. Fungal infections are very common in women, but bacterial infections are usually transmitted via intercourse.

To determine the exact cause of these penile skin symptoms, your fiancé can go and see an urologist and request a urethral swab and antibiogram. The fact that the condition flares up after intercourse with you indicates that you probably transfer an infection to him, but the symptoms are somehow not visible in your case.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Penis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.