Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Penis not hard all the way

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
Ok my penis gets hard but no all the way and I tried that rockhard weekend and like it but it don't work on me anymore so I'm askin you what can I do without meds

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2010
Sexual Health - Men Answer A14057
Hi there, thank you for posting your question. My area of expertise is in human sexual dysfunction. I hope I can be of some small help to you.

You are describing classical Performance Anxiety Erectile Dysfunction. This can develop overnight. It is very easily fixed. This can be done usually, though not always, without medication. The commonest cause of erectile dysfunction in young men is performance anxiety and the commonest cause of this is watching oneself trying to get an erection. Once a man is up in the audience he is doomed.

This is what is happening: The brain is trying to get a message through to the penis to get ready for action and get erect. Fleeting and sometimes subliminal negative thoughts or worries are blocking those messages from getting through. The brain is trying to call up the penis but it keeps getting a busy signal and cannot get through.

There is now a tried and trusted set of behavioural techniques that can overcome this in a matter of a week or so. These are so easy to apply. Sometimes, depending on the circumstances, it is necessary to add in some medications into the mix. But, one way or the other, I can get you through this quickly and I would be delighted to do so. You would need to have a regular trusting partner. Otherwise you are going to need medication until you are in a steady relationship.

Also have yourself tested for diabetes.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.