Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Penis entered, Possibility of Pregnancy?

So, my boyfriend and I were messing around and he entered his penis in me for 2 seconds it seemed, is there a possibility I can get pregnant? He said he didn't go all the way in but still, it worries me because of what I've heard of pre-cum. Also i'm supposed to start my period a few days after we did this. If I still have my period, would it matter? I'd really love some advice!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 29th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
KatKila,

It is very unlikely that activity would lead to a pregnancy.

While it is true that only one sperm is needed to fertilize the egg, it actually take millions of sperm to break down the corona (the outside barrier on the egg).

Pre-ejacute does contain some sperm and there is no way of knowing exactly how many sperm are deposited when there is penetration.

But, again, it takes millions of sperm to fertilize the egg. So, the sperm would have to swim the rest of the way up the vagina, find the cervical opening, and penetrate the cervix. They will then have to travel all the way across the uterus to find the Fallopian tubes. Remember, the egg comes down only one of them a month. So, the sperm have to go up the correct tube to actually meet up with the egg. So, with no ejaculation and a very brief shallow penetration, the chance of pregnancy is remote.

The stories of a young lady getting pregnant from the boy swiping the penis across her labial lips, are just that, stories. Mostly put out by parents who do not want their children getting into trouble.

However, if you do not want to get pregnant, do take precautions. It is very easy to get caught up in the moment, and go too far. Next time, your boyfriend may accidently ejaculate deep inside you, which does produce pregnancy. So, get on birth control or have some condoms handy. It is just not worth an unwanted pregnancy.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....