Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

pelvic pain. stick with the antibiotics and wait?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I was just examined today by a N.P for pelvic pain. It is sharp and on both sides. I also have lower back pain and just started to feel nausea and dizzy. No fever. Also started to urinate more frequently the past few hours. I started antibiotics today for 7 days but I'm feeling very strange. I have pain in my vaginal area inside. feels like someone tore me apart down there. The N.P said my white blood cells were high and wants me to get some blood work done. I'm really freaked by it all. Should I go to the hospital for this or cto see the doctor again next week? It doesn't help that I have anxiety disorders so I'm freaked out. Please help.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A30012
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The cause for the symptoms that you describe could suggest chances of vaginal infection, cervical problems, etc. A thorough examination done along with vaginal swab/smear test will help to look for causative agent. You should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for further evaluation and assistance. Few of your symptoms could be attributed to chances of pregnancy (if you have been sexually active without being on any regular birth control measures). However, if pregnancy is suspected, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately).
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.