Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Pelvic Pain made me literally shake and sweat it hurt so bad

User Profile
Okay; I'm really just looking for some opinions before I go to my doctors.

I've started having this pelvic pain that started back in mid April. It was right after intercourse. This pain shot across my entire pelvic area and was just so intense I couldn't move and remained in the fetal position for about a half hour. This pain made me literally shake and sweat it hurt so bad. It was the first time this had ever happened and it worried me. I mentioned it to a friend and she suggested it could have just been a cyst that ruptured because that happens when your close to getting your menstrual cycle. She said she had actually passed out a few times because her pain was so bad. I spoke with my doctor that following week and he suggested the same thing.

I started some birth control called lo loestrin; and basically it stops you from having your period just like the shot. Every once in a while I'd have some spotting that lasted 1-3 days. After I started this, that pain pretty much went away for a while. Just within this past month again though, I've been getting this pelvic pain back. It started off just as a discomfort and went back up recently to pretty painful again. On a scale from 1-10, and 10 being most painful.. The first time this happened the pain was definitely a 9, when it started happening again it was just mainly discomfort that ranged from 4-5, this very last time the pain was at an 8. I wasn't shaking or sweating from the pain but it made me feel nauseous. It also lasted a good 15 to 20 minutes. I also started getting this pain if I twist a certain way and if I lay down and sneeze. This part is all new and didn't happen before. If Im laying down and sneeze the pain is about a 7 and shoots across my whole pelvic area. It subsides very quickly though, in a matter of a minute. After intercourse though, it has lasted anywhere from about 10 minutes up to 30 minutes. I'm going to be talking to my doctor but I'm not sure if this could all just be from cysts or not.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2014
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Pain during or after intercourse is not normal and could suggest possibility of vaginal infection (if associated with altered discharge, foul smell of discharge, itching, presence of rashes, etc), endometriosis, ovarian cysts, PID, vaginal dryness, injury or irritation, retroverted uterus, uterine fibroids, IBS, stress, STD etc. Do not ignore your symptoms if pain is persistent for more than few hours after intercourse. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation to look for the exact underlying cause and get started on treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and evaluation results) to help you control the pain and the altered discharge. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area and keep the area clean and dry. Rinse undergarments well and use antiseptic solution for the last rinse.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.