Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Pelvic Lesion found on lumbar MRI

User Profile
Hello. I am a 46 yr old female who has Lupus, Fibro, OA and a host of autoimmune diseases and other problems related to Lupus-Fibro-etc. I have spinal issues in the cervical area so since I have been having numbness, tingling and pains in my extremities, esp feet/toes, my rheumatologist ordered a lumbar MRI for me to see if there were any spinal issues there as well. They called today with the results, which were a herniated disc-which I figured was a possibility, but then she hit me with this: the radiology report shows a cystic lesion IN my pelvic bone in the right quadrant area and told me to see an ortho right away for an ultrasound and to call them back as soon as I set up an appointment so they can fax the ortho the report right away. I called an ortho late today, the are getting back to me first thing in the morn to see which doc I need to see-its a group of 4 and with these dumb new insurance rules its even worse now for them I guess. lol I have had sooooo much bone pain which has been getting worse and worse by the day these past few months. The pain is everywhere, even my facial bones hurt so bad at times, but I always figure its fibro, or lupus or OA, or whatever because it all gets so confusing, so I just take my meds and trudge on. But now I am left to wonder and worry because looking up 'cystic lesion pelvic bone' led me to mostly results having to do with bone cancer/bone tumors and some of the symptoms associated with these things led me to the same places as well, as far as symptoms I have been having-even to the point of reading several times that most people with bone cancers are severely vitamin D deficient-which I am...VERY. Mine was a 6 at last check! Lowest result 2 of my docs said they had ever seen. Like everything in my health-life, its all a puzzle and while I know all the pieces are never, ever going to completely fit, I'd like to at least have a semblance of what the puzzle looks like. :/
How concerned should I be at hearing all this? I am so not looking forward to yet more docs, yet more tests and who knows what. I am so tired of it after so many years. But it is what it is and my faith keeps me going as well as my children and grandchildren. Smile
I appreciate any input or insight.
Thanks for reading. Smile
Cathy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2018
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. herniated discs and fibromyalgia history on its own are quite painful and playing major role in your current pain status. However this cystic lesion needs to be studied further and managed accordingly. Let your ortho decide what is best for you.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.