Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

pelvic inflammotory disease, and getting pains again

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
Hey there, last month I was 10 days late on my period, and took 2 hpt's but both came back negative. I was experiencing lower abdominal pain which got bad enough to go to the 24hour surgery. They did another pregnancy test (negative) and took blood tests. They then said it was pelvic inflammotory disease, and gave me antibiotics, 2 orally and 1 injection.
My period came on the next day and all seemed normal. Then about 10 days ago I started getting pains again and I am late on my period again.
I'm really worried because the pains are getting worse and more regular but I don't have the money to see a doctor unless it is urgent and can be sorted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Lucy.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A28974
Hello Lucy,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms and increasing abdominal cramps could suggest chronic PID, presence of pelvic adhesions, endometriosis, PCOD, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts etc. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation. Vaginal swab/smear test, PAP test, ultrasound scan done should help to look for the underlying cause. To diagnose and treat endometriosis or pelvic adhesions/scars, laparoscopic examination would be needed. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for further examination and investigations to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate (based on the examination findings and investigation results) would be started to help you to control the symptoms. Consider being in regular follow-up and monitoring of your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any abnormal/new symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.