Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

pelvic and lower back pain after i have a period?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I am having lots of pelvic and lower back paine. It is moslty after i have a period. I was on Birth Control for a few years after my daughter was born. Symptoms started over a year ago today. It is alot of pelvic pressure, lots of bloating, burning sensation sometime, other times it is dull and achy and other times its sharp. My back is killing me and my breast are so tender.
They took me off the birth control in hopes the hormones where causing all of this. I started feeling good again until 2 months after stopping the pill, i the first period and here i am again. In pain, bloated, tired, moody, peeing every five minutes. I have taken countless prego test, all negative. Please help..
Is it endo?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2012
Womens Conditions Answer A33341
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If you are not on birth control use and have been sexually active, chances of pregnancy cannot be ruled out completely as suggested by your symptoms (abdominal pain, bloating, tiredness, mood changes, frequent urination). The other symptoms could also indicate other underlying causes like PID, pelvic adhesions, endometriosis, adenomyosis, etc. You can get false negative results during early pregnancy. If you suspect pregnancy chances, consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and repeat blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). If pregnancy gets ruled out, further evaluation would be done to look for the underlying cause for the symptoms that you describe. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination and investigations results) would be started to help you. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.