Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Pectus Excavatum - Vacuum Pump

Does any one have Pectus Excavatum and is using the experimental "vacuum pump" to correct your PE?

I would like to hear about if it's working for you and how long you've been using it.

PS. I do not know what category this type of question would go under. If you know please direct me to a more suitable category.

- Luke
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2012
Hello,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. The vacuum bell has proved to be an alternative therapeutic option in selected patients with PE. The initial results are dramatic but long-term results are so far lacking. Hence, surgery does remain the treatment of choice for PE. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2012
Hello,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. The vacuum bell has proved to be an alternative therapeutic option in selected patients with PE. The initial results are dramatic but long-term results are so far lacking. Hence, surgery does remain the treatment of choice for PE. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|

replied November 9th, 2013
Dear Sir,
My name is Arvind. I am from India, Tamil nadu.
My chest is very bent and I have asthma. I feel very uncomfortable. I have severe PE and it's very painful even to sit properly.

Could please provide me with information on purchasing the vacuum bell?
|

replied November 6th, 2012
Been using bell for three weeks, 100 minutes a day, along with posture improving exercises. Early days I know but so so far, so good
|
Tags: hear
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.