Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Pea sized lump on side of buttocks

About a month & a half ago,i noticed a hard pea sized lump on the side of my left buttock,about 6 inches below my waist.it hasnt changed in size but is still present.it doesnot normally hurt but pains if i squeeze it.the lump is present below the skin & is raised only a little on the surface.the skin around the area is slightly darker in color,like i've bruised it somewhere.the lump is firm & immovable.sometimes i feel a pulling sensation around the area,like the skin around the lump is getting stretched towards it.this is a slight discomfort & not exactly painful.sometimes if i sleep on my side on the lump,it seems to harden than normal then after sometime it gets a bit tender.sometimes i also feel a tingling sensation around the area,right below the buttocks(back of the thigh) & the waist.its like a pinching sensation with some discomfort.These are the exact descriptions related.what could be the problem?please help. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 26th, 2009
BUMP...why hasn't anyone replied?
|

replied January 14th, 2014
I have the same exact symptoms, pea sized lumps in thigh and buttocks and the pain at the waistline. Kidney? Did you diagnose it? What is wrong if anything?
|

replied March 28th, 2009
Bump
dude i feel u on that, i might have the same thing u have. it hurts like hell if i sit down wrong. do u get wet in ur crack like u have been sweating really bad? i do and it sucks. anyways u might have a pilonidal cyst. google it and look into it. i dont thats wat i got though. it might be helpful to u
|

replied March 30th, 2009
thank you DarkOctober.
I don't get wet in my crack at all.the lump is firm & immovable.i am also experiencing pain & a burning sensation in my lower back around the waist on the left side.the pain is mild & more like a discomfort.sometimes the pain can be felt below the buttocks & thighs. the skin above the lump is opaque..no translucency but the skin is bit darker in color..i don't have any moles in that area.also the lump is towards the outer side on the side.it is not actually painful l..the pain is generally non existent but comes when i press or tinker with it.i also felt a piercing sensation like pins & needles around my waist & groin area with some pain & a burning sensation like the area around the waist was hotter than the rest.the pain around the waist started on 23march.its still there but i do not feel the pain or any sensation in any other part except my waist,on the left side.the pain gets increases if i bend down for a while.but rarely does my lump pain.its the nearby area that's causing more of a discomfort.the lump is fixed to the skin.i can pull the skin around the lump but not the skin over it.i think i am done with describing all my symptoms:).thank you for taking the time to answer.
|

replied April 12th, 2009
doctor
i think its great that you are asking for help here but take everything said lightly. even if everyone here says it doesn't sound dangerous go to a doctor anyway. seeing as we cant see it, we cant say anything for sure. only a picture would really help but i wouldn't be surprised if you didn't want to take a picture of your butt.
|

replied June 24th, 2010
Sounds like if you are having sciatic pain maybe it is a lipoma or something on your sciatic nerve? Lipomas are a fatty lump and if they keep growing will pinch nerves in the process. I would definately go to the doctor cause it could be something more. Hope this helps.
|

replied May 7th, 2012
I have pea sized lumps and a burning sensation around my groin & upper thighs too, like almost similar to a sunburn. The lumps I have are on my upper legs, outer thighs, across my lower stomach, on my side on my arms, & wrists. Some hurt SOOO bad, & I have 2 HUGE ones on my right wrist (& I have CRAZY severe carpal tunnel on that side, even tho I'm LEFT handed, I sometimes wonder if the big lumps have something to do with how bad the carpal is) I know it's been a LOOONG time, but does anyone know about these problems??
|

replied June 25th, 2012
sounds like lipomas to me.. maybe dercums disease/ adiose dolorose... I would see a doc!
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....