Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

PCOS trying to concieve any help would be wonderful.

User Profile
I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2007, I got told by my gyno that i would not be able to have kids, I was 19. I am now 24 and really wanting to have a baby. But after being told that in 2007 i kinda gave up. But now i have just been back from my doctors and been for ultrasound and he thinks i should go and get ovulation induction. He said that if i do that i should have no problems with getting pregnant. He said my only downfall is my lack of ovulating.

ANY TIPS ON OVULATION, WEIGHT MANAGEMENT, DIET, EXERCISE AND SEX POSITIONS ON HELPING WITH CONCEPTION....

THANK YOU SO MUCH KIND REGARDS....... TTC_ChevysGirl87
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper AmyA
|

replied September 1st, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Go and see your doctor and talk to him or her as your doctor can give you some medication that will help you to ovulate more regularly, which in turn will help to you concieve.

You should begin taking vitamins for pre - pregnancy such as folic acid. A diet higher in zinc is good for a higher sperm count and mature the eggs.

Any posistion is good but ones that put the sperm right up next to the cervix are better (doggy style for example). Apparently putting your hips on a pillow for about half an hour will also help the sperm enter the uterus as they are not fighting against gravity, if the pillow isn't your thing, then lay in bed for at least 10 minutes to help the sperm get closer to the cervix.

Hope this helps and good luck ttc
|

User Profile
Thanks heaps, My doctor has referred me to a fertility clinic for the ovulation induction. I myself thought he would be able to prescribe it being a doctor and all.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Clomid, is one that doctors give people to help with ovulation. But I guess it all depends on your medical history and if you have any allergies and stuff. This could be why your doctor hasn't prescribed it to you.

You could always ask your doctor about the clomid and see what gets said.
|

replied September 16th, 2011
do you get normal periods? I have the same problem but I am 32 and was just told that I have PCOS and we have been ttc for almost 10 years and went to a fertility doctor and they told us the only way was invetro. I am seeing a new gyno and she has done alot of blood work and found out i am insulin resistant and put me on Metformin and provera( to bring on my periods). So far not luck with getting pregant but I also went to a pyscic party and they told me 5 months and I will be pregant so I have until December. I hope they are right. oh and the whole reason that I changed doctors was because of the pyscic to me to go to this doctor and my doctor has no clue who this lady is.
|

replied September 20th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
There are lots of people with PCOS that conceive naturally so what the doctor said is rubbish. The people that conceive naturally are given drugs to help you ovulate regularly.

Trying too hard can cause you not to get pregnant, when you and your husband/boyfriend have sex, don't make it about conceiving make it about the 2 of you and the closeness of it otherwise it can put undue pressure on both of you and sex feels more like a chore than something a loving couple do.
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....