I have pcos, after i stopped eating birth control pills my menstruation came after 32-48 days, the last time it came after 70 days and now after 130 days, is it getting worse?? should I expect longer periods between the menstruations? We are trying to have a baby, do I ovulate 15 days before the menstruation even though its a long period between the menstruation? thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 29th, 2009
Maybe you are still looking for some advice... I have PCOS and used fertility docs to conceive. My experience was that I did not ovulate when my periods went over the typical range of 25-30 days. Mine typically were 35 days. When I ovulated my periods just started, pretty much full boar on schedule, 28 days or less. When I did not ovulate, I would have spotting and then a day or two later start my period.

Diet is very helpful for PCOS. If you can try to go gluten-free and dairy free, you may have more luck. Try something called folinic acid, as well (prescription only). You can get a test for MTHFR deficiency which prevents you from converting folic acid to the usable form folinic acid. My three girls are all being treated for Metablolic Syndrome with folinic acid and methyl B12 shots due to the MTHFR deficiency which they apparently got from me. They are young, but an innovative doctor diagnosed them with the MTHFR deficiency that can lead to PCOS.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....