Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

PCOS and Chlomid then spotted for two days?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
I have PCOS started taking chlomid on day 5-9 of my cycle in june for the first time, missed my period in july and spotted for two days in august, is that normal, i haden't been able to use chlomid in july and august because of the missed period did preg test and was neg.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 28th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The spotting that you describe could be suggestive of possibility of implantation bleed. If you suspect chances of pregnancy, look out for development of any other new symptoms suggestive of early pregnancy. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for further examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). Urine pregnancy test (UPT) usually start showing positive results after about 20 days post-conception that roughly corresponds to about a week after your missed periods. You can consider repeating the UPT especially on the early morning first urine sample, and avoid intake of lot of fluids or caffeinated beverages in the previous night before you do the test. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet. Be in regular follow-up and monitoring of your gynecologist/obstetrician and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|

replied September 2nd, 2011
Thank you, i did an ultrasound last week and the doctor said that he didn't see anything that suggest that i'm pregnant but will do another pregnanccy test tomorrow morning.
|

replied September 2nd, 2011
also i was pregnant in 2006 and miscarried at approx 2 months,i wasn't aware that i was pregnant because i had no symtoms neither did my period stop so it's hard to tell now by looking for symptoms because i also get irregular periods and i have PCOS
|

replied September 23rd, 2011
you are like me i have pcos and my husband and i have tryed we are on clomphene citrate was on 50mg now on 100mg if im not preggy in two months going to put dye thru my tubes to see what is going on.
Good Luck
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Infertility , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.