Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

PCOS, a new drug, Glyciphage has been prescribed

I was diagnosed with PCOS after which i was prescribed Duluton-L for three months. After that there was a series of USG whereby it was learnt that, the ovary size was not increasing to the desired level. A new drug, Glyciphage has been prescribed now. What is the course of action taken up by my physician is not known to me. Any one having any feedback?

-Juthika Das
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 27th, 2012
I want to suggest you to consult a natural fertility specialist. This might help you know exercises and those habits of your day today life which need modifications and this will increase your fertility and also the probability to conceive. i have seen people successful after following natural fertility prescription,in fact i have seen more people conceiving naturally then by medications.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. I believe you meant glucophage. It is metformin and anti hypoglycemic drug helps in losing weight and help with PCOS symptoms.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Infertility , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.